Sorted regularly provide training courses for professionals and other adults who are working with young people.
Substance Misuse training provides drug awareness and basic assessment skills for professionals working with young people (1 day course).
The learning outcomes for the one-day course are as follows:
- To understand the context of substance misuse and young people
- To explore reasons why some young people are more at risk of substance misuse
- To identify protective/vulnerability factors for substance misuse
- To explore drugs, their effects and legal classifications
- To raise awareness of the impact of parental substance misuse on young people
- To explore the cycle of change and basic strategies to support encourage change
- To look at the ‘Tier’ system/confidentiality and competency to consent to treatment
- Information about local/national services to support Young People around substance misuse
- Using a screening tool to identify substance misuse
- Using case studies to consolidate learning.
Foster carer training provides comprehensive training and development opportunities for pre-approved and established carers to ensure they build the skills and knowledge to provide the best possible care and positive outcomes for children and young people.
We also offer Bitesize training for professionals who would like to refresh their knowledge of partiular topics. Our training timetable is shown right.
If you’d like to register your place on one of our courses, please call 01670 500150 or click here for an application pack.
We are currently developing our e-learning provision. More information will be available soon.
Introduction to Substance Misuse
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm:
Venue: West Hartford Fire Station, West Hartford Business Park, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 3JP.
Wednesday 18th January 2017
Monday 10th April 2017
Monday 24th July 2017
Wednesday 25th October 2017